Celosia Pulmosa Mixed Color Flower Seeds
Common Name: Brain Celosia, woolflowers or cockscombs
Height: Celosia grows one to one and a half feet tall and is spaced 10 to 12 inches apart
Flower Colour: Yellow, Orange, Peach, Pink, Rani, Red
Bloom Time: mostly grown as an annual.
Package contain: 50 to 60 seeds in one packet
Seeds qualities: Good Quality Seeds
Color: Mixed Colors
Germination rate: 80 to 90%
Difficulty level: Easy to grow
Exposure: Full sunlight
Type: Seeds Celosias (Celiosa spp.), commonly called cockscomb, feathered amaranth, woolflower and red fox, are warm-weather flowering plants that thrive in hot, humid Mediterranean areas.
They are commonly grown as annuals but can survive winters Celosias/ Cockscomb is an annual herb and is very common as a garden plant. The tightly clustered blooms are said to resemble a rooster s comb, thus the common name ""cockscomb"". Flower colors include red, yellow, orange, gold, and pink. The celosias or cockscombs are erect, branching plants with oval or lance-shaped, brightly colored flowerheads which usually stand above the foliage. The Cristata cultivars are good in containers, and prized for Japanese flower arrangements. have unusual flowers that can bloom up to 10 weeks.
Planting And Care
- They are all easy to care for as long as their soil and sunlight requirements are met
- Poorly draining planting sites can cause them to develop root rot
- To test how quickly the soil drains, remove the top and bottom from a large coffee can, dig a 4-inch-deep hole in the soil, the same circumference as the can, and insert the can into the hole
- Fill the can with water and check the water level after one hour
- If the water level drops between 2 and 5 inches, the drainage is good
- When the water level drops less than 2 inches, the drainage is poor
- Perlite can be added along with soil amendments to improve the soil s drainage or you can plant celiosa in containers or raised beds
- Celosia can be planted in the garden in the spring when temperatures will remain above 60 degrees Fahrenheit
- They will be damaged if the temperature drops lower than that