Beetroot (chukandar) Seeds | चुकंदर के बीज | 50 Seeds.
• Fresh and organic beetroot seeds
• Suitable for cool-season crop and higher temperatures
• Cylindrical, crisp, and sweet-flavored roots
• High germination rate for successful growth
• Rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
• Best price for beetroot seeds in India
This is mainly a cool-season crop; however, it can tolerate higher temperatures. The roots of Beetroot are cylindrical, crisp, solid, and sweet flavored. It is full of vitamins A, C, E, B6, potassium, and other minerals, Beetroot can give your whole body an immunity boost. Beetroot (Chukandar) is also high in antioxidants, which means that it’s quite good for your heart as well. If you eat your beetroot, it will take care of all your iron needs and also make your skin healthy. Buy the Best Quality Beetroot Seeds Online at the best price in India from www.hobbyplus.in with a High germination rate.
About this item
- Number of Beetroot seeds (chukandar ke bij): 200 Seeds
- Growing season: Spring, Winter, or Fall
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 0.5 inches deep in a Container, or Pots.
- Germination Time: 6 to 14 days from sowing
- Germination temperature: 15-25°C
- Harvesting: 50-80 days from planting
- Plant vigor: Strong plant Root
Beetroot Growing Season In India
Beetroot is a cool-weather vegetable so you can sow the beetroot seeds in early spring, winter, or fall. The best month for planting beetroot is September to February.
How To Grow Beetroot In Pots
Beetroot seeds should be sown directly into final pots or grow bags because it is root vegetable and cannot grow well with transplants. Avoid planting beets in an area where Swiss chard and spinach were previously sown. Select a pot or grow bags (18-24 and 6-12 inches wide and deep) with well drainage holes. The optimum temperature for the germination of beetroot seeds is 15-25°C.
Beetroot Seeds Sowing Method
Take a pot or grow bag fill them with potting mix, and sow the beetroot seeds about 0.5 inches deep in the potting mix at a distance of 2-3 inches from each seed. Keep the soil moist and place the beetroot seedlings in a sunny spot. Beetroot seeds will germinate in 6-14 days (depending on growing conditions).
Best Fertilizers For Beetroot Plant
- While planting beetroot, mix organic fertilizer such as vermicompost, cow manure, or neem cake in the potting soil.
- Avoid adding too much nitrogen-rich fertilizer.
- Use water-soluble fertilizer during the growing time every 2 weeks.
Beetroot Plants Care Tips
Soil – For planting beetroot, use well-drained and fertile soil with ph 6.5 to 7.5
Sunlight – Beetroot prefers 6-8 hours of full sunlight but it can grow easily in a shady area.
Temperature – Ideal growing temperature for beetroot is 10-30°C.
Water – Watered once a week or water should be done when soil becomes dry.
Common pests and diseases – Pests that attack the plants are flea beetles, leaf hoppers, and Mexican bean beetle. Cucumber mosaic virus, leaf spot infects the beetroot plants; use organic insecticide neem oil to avoid these insects and stay free from diseases.
Beetroot Harvesting Time
- Beetroot will be ready to harvest within 50-80 days.
- Harvest the roots when they are golf ball-shaped or larger.
- You can cut the beetroot greens at any time.
Beetroot Special Features
- Common name – Beet, Chukandar, and garden beet, चुकंदर
- Scientific name – Beta vulgaris
- Height – 12 to 18 inches
- Companion planting – Bush bean and onion
FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions about Beetroot (Chukandar) Seeds
How long does it take for beetroot seeds to germinate?
Beetroot seeds typically germinate within 7 to 14 days under optimal conditions and care.
Can beetroot be grown in warm climates?
While beetroot is a cool-season crop, it can tolerate higher temperatures, making it adaptable to a wider range of climates.
What are the health benefits of beetroot?
Beetroot is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and iron, which boost immunity, promote heart health, and contribute to healthy skin.
Can you eat beetroot leaves?
Yes, beetroot leaves can be eaten raw or added to salads and can be eaten cooked too.
Can I grow beetroot in pots?
Beetroots can quickly grow in pots or grow bags but make sure the size is at least 18 inches wide and 6 inches deep.
Why are my beetroot seeds not germinating?
Beetroot seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, overwatering, or under-watering.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
You May Be Also Intrested In: Microgreen, Flower Seeds, Vegetable Seeds Combo, Fruit Seeds, Herb Seeds, winter flower Seeds, Summer Flower Seeds, Fertilizer & soil, Seeds Germination Kit, Planters, Fish Aquarium Product.