Grow fresh and nutritious spinach greens at home with our high-quality organic spinach seeds. Our seeds are free from harmful chemicals and ideal for home gardening. Shop now and enjoy the satisfaction of growing your own delicious and healthy spinach.
Buy the Best Quality Organic Spinach Seeds Online at the best price in India from www.hobbyplus.in with a high germination rate. Spinach is a cool lover plant and grow quickly in cold weather but cannot give better result in hot climates. Spinach is a fast-growing vegetable and grows very quickly under favorable conditions. If you love gardening and want to grow plants but don’t know how to grow spinach in pots or when to grow spinach so, all doubts will be clear after reading the information.
About this item
- Number of organic Spinach seeds: 100 Seeds
- Untreated, Non-Hybrid
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Throughout the year
- Seeds sowing depth: 0.5-1 inch
- Germination Time: 4 to 14 days
- Germination temperature: 15-25°C
- Harvesting: 30-40 days
- Plant vigor: Bushy Plants, Numerous Side Branches
Spinach Growing Season in India
Leafy vegetable spinach is sown in any season throughout the year but the best season is winter (September to December) and spring (mid-February to April). Spinach grows very well in cool climates but sometimes it can also grow in warm climates.
How To Grow Spinach plant
Spinach seeds sowing directly into a pot is the best way to grow. Avoid transplanting or repotting germinated seeds as spinach have delicate root and do not grow well with transplanting. Grow spinach at home with the best germination temperature between 15-25°C. Select a pot/grow bag and fill them with a sowing medium. Sow the spinach seed about 0.5-1 inch deep in the soil at 2-3 inches from each seed. Give deep water to the soil by using a watering can. Keep the pot in a shaded area because spinach seed does not need light to germinate. Spinach seeds will be germinated within 4-14 days. Protect the seedling from direct harsh sunlight and do not overwater the seedlings.
Fertilizer For Spinach Plant
- Add any organic fertilizer (neem cake, vermicompost, cow manure) to the soil before planting spinach.
- After the seeds germinate and when the plant makes roots correctly, apply nitrogen-rich liquid fertilizer around the spinach plants. If you use solid fertilizer by loosening the soil, then the roots of spinach can be damaged, so use liquid fertilizer after seed germination.
- After 10-15 days of spinach seeds germination, apply solid organic fertilizer like vermicompost or cow manure.
Spinach Plant Care Tips
Sunlight – Spinach needs 6- 8 hours of full sunlight, but it can also grow well in 4- 6 hours of partial sunlight.
Water – Give regular water to the spinach plant. It helps to keep the spinach plant cool but does not overwater and keeps the soil moist because spinach will bolt when the soil dries out.
Soil – Use well-drained and nutrient-rich soil for plant spinach.
Temperature – Spinach is a cool weather crop and can easily survive in less temperature. The best minimum temperature for spinach is 10°C and a maximum of 27°C.
Common pests and diseases – Cutworms, snails, cabbage loopers, and slugs are all common pests of spinach that can eat the leaves of plants; to avoid these pests, use garlic juice or neem oil spray. Leaf miners and downy mildew are the two main diseases affecting spinach plants.
Mulch – To keep moist soil and prevent your spinach plant from weeds, mulch lightly (but not too much) with grass clippings or straw.
Spinach Plant Harvest Time
- Green spinach will take 30-40 days to harvest.
- If you want to re-grow your spinach plant, then leave half inch stem during harvesting above the soil surface.
You May Be Also Intrested In: Microgreen, Flower Seeds, Vegetable Seeds Combo, Fruit Seeds, Herb Seeds, winter flower Seeds, Summer Flower Seeds, Fertilizer & soil, Seeds Germination Kit, Planters, Fish Aquarium Product